This article describes how to make yogurt using the Yogurt function of your LUX LCD multi-cooker. Follow the steps to learn how to program your LUX LCD multi-cooker’s 2-step yogurt making process.
- Add your milk to the cooking pot, we recommend using half a gallon, then close and lock the lid. Set the regulator knob on the lid to the Steam position
- Turn the knob on the panel to YOGURT and press the knob to select it
- Once the word HEAT appears on the screen, press the START/STOP button. The preheating callout and preheating bar will appear and show as the cooker heats. Once the cooker is fully heated, the preheating bar will disappear, and the unit will maintain the HEAT process for a few moments before turning back to Standby mode
- After the HEAT process ends, check the milk temperature with a kitchen thermometer. The temperature should be between 180°F -185°F. If the milk is still below temperature, you can repeat the HEAT process one more time
- If the milk temperature is between 180°F -185°F, you can now remove the inner pot from the cooker to cool the milk down to 100°F -110°F. This will take several minutes, during this time you should remove the starter yogurt from the fridge to get it closer to room temperature
- Once the milk reaches between 100°F -110°F, mix in the starter yogurt using a silicone spoon or whisk. For a half-gallon of milk, we recommend half a cup of starter yogurt. Make sure to mix until there are no lumps of yogurt
- Once the starter yogurt is properly mixed into the milk, place the cooking pot back into the cooker and close the lid. Turn the knob on the panel to YOGURT and press the knob to select it. Turn the knob again to switch the word HEAT to YGRT and press the Start/Stop button
- The preheating callout and preheating bar will appear and show as the cooker heats. Once the cooker is fully heated, the preheating bar will disappear, the preheating callout will change to the cooking callout, and the 8 hour incubation time will start counting down
- After the countdown ends, the cooker will automatically switch to Standby mode. Open the lid and mix the yogurt to a creamy consistency. You can now cover the pot and place it in the fridge to cool, or you can transfer your yogurt to a separate container and place it in the fridge to cool
If you need more information please Contact Us, we are here to help!
Don't forget to join our Zavor Community on Facebook, where you will be able to share delicious recipes, tips and get answers for all cooking-related questions.